Shaker Balloon Box Card

Hello!  It's been a busy few weeks trying to finish my oldest son's first year of homeschooling.  We're almost done!  Talk about a challenge...and it's only kindergarten!  But THAT is a whole story of its own....

On another note, my youngest niece celebrates her first birthday this week!  I had a lot of fun creating this shaker balloon box card for her.  Obviously, she won't really get to enjoy it (she might try to eat it) but nonetheless, I wanted something bright and cherry to send her to celebrate her special day.

The box card die set that I used is exclusively sold by The Stamps of Life.  This set is packed with over 35 dies! (I lost count after that).  However, for this card, I only used three of them! 

For the balloons, I used the Sizzix Triplits Hot Air Balloon Die Set.  I decided to make them shaker balloons to make them a little more "fun".  Those cute little clouds were die cut using the Sizzix Triplits Hello Sunshine Die Set.  As you can probably tell by my other cards, I just LOVE all of the triplits sets designed by Stephanie Barnard.  For the edges of the box, I gave them a stitched cloud border using the Puffy Cloud Borders by Lawn Fawn.  Lastly, I stamped and then heat embossed the sentiment with the Happy Birthday banner stamp from the "morechalksayings2stamp" stamp set by Stephanie Barnard.  I wanted the sentiment to be sweet and simple since the rest of the card had a lot going on.

Believe it or not, this card shipped pretty easily.  I usually make my own envelopes to fit whatever card I'm sending and then pack it in a bubble mailer if there are a lot of delicate embellishments.  I haven't had a problem yet!

Thanks for looking!  Feel free to leave any comments or questions! 


Products Used:

1) The Stamps of Life Exclusive Box Card Die Set
2) Sizzix Triplits Hot Air Balloons
3) Sizzix Triplits Hello Sunshine
4) Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders
5) morechalksayings2stamp Stamp Set 



3 comments :

  1. I love your work! And I love The Stamps of Life. I can't wait for the first of every month to see what new stamp and die set is coming our way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Janet! :0) I get so excited the first of every month too! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cards really WOW me! i love your designs and talent for coloring!

    ReplyDelete