WPLUS9 "Big Deal" Birthday Box Card

Hello friends!  I wanted to share with you today a festive 3D box card that was such a joy to make!  When I first spotted WPLUS9's "Big Deal" stamp set, I immediately fell in love with it!  How can you not adore all of those cute little animals and the sweet circus theme?  I decided to make a fun Birthday Box Card for my sweet little niece using this set.


To start, I first stamped my images using some Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto white cardstock and then colored them with copic sketch markers.  I then created the base of my card by using a 12"x12" piece of red cardstock to create a box.  I usually follow this tutorial by Splitcoaststampers to get the right measurements but once done, I make a few adjustments of my own (such as trimming the bottom panels of the box card to be the same length as the side flaps).


For the decorative paper panels on the flaps and bottom of the box, I trimmed 6 pieces of white cardstock to 2.5" x 2.5".  I then used the 6"x6" "Hip Hip Hooray" patterned paper pad by Doodlebug Designs to trim 6 different 2.25" x 2.25" panels of patterned paper to layer on top of the white panel pieces.  I used the same paper for the large back panel of the card but the pieces were 2.5" x 5.25" (white piece) and 2.25" x 5" (patterned piece) respectively. 

   
Before adhering my animals to the box base, I added some shimmer to the balls and flags with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Marker.  For the acrobatic panda, I trimmed a few long, thin pieces of dark brown cardstock and adhered them together for added stability.  I added a piece of twine between these two pieces and glued my panda (holding the flags) to this twine.  I then simply added the rest of the pieces to the inside "shelving" of the box base.  For the bear tossing the ball, I used a clear piece of acetate to attach the ball to his hand so that it actually looked like he was throwing the ball into the air.  So much fun!

I hope you've enjoyed my card!  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Hugs!

Rachel

No comments :

Post a Comment