Squirrel2stamp - The Stamps of Life



Hello friends!  Have you seen the new Stamp of the Month released a few days ago at The Stamps of Life?  It's called Squirrel2stamp and it also has a set of coordinating dies.  This set is super cute since it can be used for almost any theme. 


Usually, when I see a squirrel stamp set, I think "Fall".  However, this set is not only perfect for fall but for other seasons as well!  You can put almost anything into his little wagon and create whatever genre you'd like! 

For my first card (above), I used stamping, masking and coloring to achieve a simple single-layered card.  I first stamped my squirrel with his wagon on some white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I then stamped this image again onto masking paper, fussy cut it and then covered the squirrel with this mask.  Once the squirrel and wagon were covered, I stamped the grass using a mix of TSOL Kiwi and Green Apple Ink.  Lastly, I used this same technique to stamp the acorns into the back of the wagon.  Once the stamping was complete, I colored everything using Copic Markers.


For this next card, I used a fun technique shared by Jennifer McGuire in this wonderful video tutorial.  In this video, she beautifully shows you how to create a card using a hidden slider.  It's super fun!  For my background, I diecut some clouds (pretty much any cloud or cloud border would work), placed them on white cardstock and used my finger sponge dauber over the top border of my cut out clouds using a small upward movement (very important!) and TSOL Sky Ink.  As you can see in the photo, the areas that you temporarily placed your clouds should still remain white while the areas that you sponged will be blue. I apologize for my lack of photos this time to help explain this technique!


  
The fun part of this card is that once you pull the tab, the squirrel moves along with his wagon and a hidden message is revealed!

Lastly, I created a Step-ups card using the Sizzix Kind Sentiments Step-ups Card Die Set.  I stamped, colored & diecut my squirrel and then diecut a bunch of hearts on pink cardstock before gluing them into his wagon.



I will be entering some of these cards into the Simon Says Monday Challenge: The Great Outdoors.

Simon Says Monday Challenge: The Great Outdoors


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Feel free to leave any comments or questions!  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Happy Stamping!

Rachel




No comments :

Post a Comment