Birthday Box Card - Bouquet of Flowers



Hello friends!  I am so excited to share with you a Bouquet Box Card that I made for my Grandmother's 90th birthday.  My grandma is such an amazing woman (she wanted to go skydiving with my sister for her 90th but settled for parasailing instead).  I knew that I wanted something "big" to celebrate her on her special day and I thought that a card bursting with a bouquet of paper flowers would be perfect!  


For my card, I decided to combine the "Fab Flowers" Stamp & Die Set by Lawn Fawn with the Essentials by Ellen "Lovely" Stamp Set designed by Julie Ebersole.  I love both of these stamp sets.  The sentiments on the "Lovely" stamp set are absolutely wonderful and very versatile.

 
To begin, I first created my box card base.  To do this, I used a 12"x12" piece of white cardstock and followed THIS TUTORIAL by Splitcoaststampers.  I then used the Perfectly Plaid Rainbow Collection Patterned Paper by Lawn Fawn to decorate my panels. 


For the flowers themselves, I stamped everything onto smooth white Bristol Paper using all Lawn Fawn Inks.  If you've never tried the inks from Lawn Fawn, they're amazing!  At first, the images seemed a little splotchy, but as they dried, the ink smoothed out into beautiful images with bright and gorgeous colors.


To attach my flowers to the box, I simply trimmed some long strips of green cardstock (about .25" wide) and then cut each one to the length that I wanted for each particular flower.  So, the flowers in the back of the card are attached by the longest strips whereas the ones in the very front only have short strips to give the appearance of a large and layered floral bouquet.


As you can see in the photo above, this card collapses nicely for mailing.  Now, obviously, this won't fit into a standard sized envelope.  But, I simply placed it between two pieces of stiff but thin cardboard and then mailed it First Class in a padded envelope.  



I will be playing along and entering this card into the following challenges:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge: Summertime Fun  


Essentials By Ellen Mix It Up Challenge: Lawn Fawn 


Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Use Plaid



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  Feel free to leave any comments or questions. Wishing you a wonderful day!

Happy Stamping!

Rachel

    




  
 

No comments :

Post a Comment