I Will Always Be Here For You - MFT Stamps "Adorable Elephants"


Hello!  I'd love to share with you today a card that I made for both the MFT Sketch and Color Challenge.  I made this for someone very dear to me who is going through a difficult time at the moment.

MFT Sketch Challenge #342
  
MFT Color Challenge #73

I followed these two inspirational photos to create my card.  To start, I first created the background of my card on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Solar White Cardstock.  I began by simply blending some TSOL Sky Blue Ink onto my paper using a large Clarity Stencil Brush.  I then used the MFT Grassy Fields Die-namics and some Distress Ink (Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss) to create my grass.  I followed THIS awesome video tutorial by Nina Marie Trapani to create my grass.  I love how it turned out!  The Copic Sketch Markers that I used to highlight my grass were YG07, YG09 and G09.


I then stamped and colored my images on a separate piece of paper using the MFT Adorable Elephants Stamp Set.  I have had this set for awhile now but have not had the chance to use them yet.  I was so excited to be able to do so since this set is one of my absolute favorites!

I once again used my Copic Sketch Markers to color my images.  The colors that I used are as follows: Elephant: C00, C0, C3, C5; Elephant's Ears: RV0000, RV10, R81; Butterflies: R11, R32, R22; Balloon: B000, B00, BG53, BG57.  I then used the coordinating dies to cut out my images.


I trimmed my background using the large stitched rectangle die that is part of the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 29 Die Set.  After adding some patterned paper from the MFT Proper Pinstripes Paper Pack, I then attached my background scene with a piece of foam.  Lastly, I added some white gel pen onto my images and background for some added accents.  For the "cloudy" border, I used the MFT Die-namics Stitched Scallop Basic Edges on white cardstock.  I stamped my sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and attached this scalloped border piece and all of my images to my card base with foam squares.

In addition to the challenges above, I will also be entering this card into the following challenge:


Simon Says Monday Challenge: You've Got The Edge
  


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  Wishing you all a lovely day!

Rachel


      


No comments :

Post a Comment