Rainbow2Stamp - The Stamps of Life


Hello friends!  For all of those of you who live in the U.S., I hope you had a wonderful Independence Day!  I'd love to share with you this month's "Stamp of the Month" stamp set that was released a few days ago from The Stamps of Life.  It's called Rainbow2stamp and it's so much fun!

Rainbow2stamp

Check out all of the fun sentiments (especially those written in bubble letters!).  This is a 4"x6" stamp set, so you can see just how large that beautiful rainbow stamp is.  And, for those of you that don't like to color, check back on the 7th of this month to see the other coordinating stamp sets that will be released!  There is also a set of coordinating dies that will be available on the 20th of this month for those who are not already Die Hard Club members.


For this card, I went with a simple rainbow ink-blended background on the outside.  I used to shy away from ink blending because I always ended up with ugly dark lines or ink smudges, but I took an online class on ink-blending last year from Altenew Academy that gave me a few tips that have helped me tremendously.  The biggest thing is the type of paper that you use.  It makes a HUGE difference!  For this card, I have used the Neenah Classic Crest 80LB Smooth Solar Paper in white.  It is so smooth, and the ink just glides on pretty easily.


For my colors, I used the following inks from The Stamps of Life in the following order (see above photo): Cranberry, Tangerine, Banana, Kiwi, Sky and Pixie.  I then spritzed it with both water and Tsukineko Shimmer Sparkle Spritz.  Pretty simple!


I just love the final look of that background panel.  It is simple yet so pretty and colorful.  I used the SOL Stitched Rectangles to create my both my white frame and red backing panel.  The sequin mix came from the Ivory Sequin Shaker Mix by Little Things from Lucy's Cards (sold in the U.S. by Simon Says Stamp). 



For the inside of my card, I created a fun pop-up element.  I didn't use any dies to create the pop-up element itself.  I simply used a pencil, ruler and paper trimmer (see photo below).


A quick tip: Any lines that were drawn in the photo above, I drew them lightly so that I could easily erase them once I didn't need them anymore.  The cloud patterned paper came from TSOL Happy Collection Patterned Paper Pad.  The scallop die is also from TSOL.

I will be entering this card into this week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Summer Sunshine.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Summer Sunshine




Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  Please feel free to leave any comments or questions!



Happy Stamping!


Rachel



No comments :

Post a Comment